- Diagnoses, examines, and investigates vehicles to determine causes of defective operation.
- Determines proper course of action to facilitate vehicle repair, maintenance, adjustment, and component replacement.
- Performs preventive maintenance on the fleet
- Make roadside repairs
- Communicates with department members to ensure safe operations.
- Performs daily inspections
- Responds to breakdowns.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Experience in automotive or diesel mechanics, which may include fleet experience.
- Have taken basic automotive or heavy duty repair courses or have good understanding of basic automotive/heavy duty systems.
- ASE preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Work well with others and willing to learn.
Must be able to lift 60 pounds.